10 weeks to go and we have not bought ONE practical thing for our little Pebbles.
There are a few reasons for this and the main one is DH and I are ridiculously indecisive! We scour, read reviews, compare, consider, reconsider, choose, ask our friends, ask Google, check out blogs, look for pros and cons, test run and then choose again. It takes months to decide what we want to buy and commit to anything that sometimes we have to go through the entire process again just because, we’ve forgotten why we wanted it in the first place. So when I say I’ve compiled this list of our Big Ticket Baby Items we will be purchasing of the next weeks, this list isn’t to be taken lightly, because I know for a fact a lot of research has gone into picking this list.
So without further ado. Here’s our list:
1. Bugaboo Cameleon3: I lie, when I say we don’t have anything, we have our stroller. We decided because it was the most expensive item on our list, it probably best be bought before the onslaught of costs come piling in. So number one on our list, big fat TICK!
2. Halo Swaddle Blanket: Not necessarily a big ticket item, but it’s a definite must have…so I’ve read!
3. Cybex Aton 2 Carseat: We spent months researching our stroller, that by the time the decision for a car seat had to be made, I palmed it off to DH as I have my strengths and he has his. And this one had to be his, all the safety specs and features of the multitude of car seats out there, I knew he would be best choosing it. He chose this for the design features, the ease of seat belt threading, and the light weight aspect and most importantly, it’s one of the safest carseats on the market (pst… the one pictured is actually Cybex Aton 1, apparently DH tells me Cybex Aton 2 has grey buttons on the handles)
4. 4moms Rockaroo: High tech gadget-y swing thing! Does wonders apparently. I’ve looked around, yes, this is expensive for a rocket, but honestly so are all the other ones, and just for an extra few dollars, I can get the one everyone is raving about. That’s how I justify it anyway. Honestly, it doesn’t seem too much more expensive that the rest of them! BUT if I this one looks just as good and for half the price! I’d be happy with either.
5. Aden + Anais Muslin Swaddle Blanket in Up Up and Away: Based off reviews and every.single.baby. must have list out there on google. Apparently I NEED this. And I reckon I do and I just love this print because I’m currently obsessed with hot air balloons
6. ERGOBaby: I live in New York, I walk everywhere
7. ERGOBaby Infant Insert: Cos she will be so little at first!
8. Braun-Thermoscan-Thermometer: I did a lot of research on this, and they say the most important item in the first aid kit is the thermometer, so make it a good one. I hear this is the best on the market
9. Green sprouts Wooden Brush and Comb Set, Natural: If you consider the amount of hair DH and I have, Pebbles is likely to have a full head of hair when she graces us with her presence. Again, not a big ticket item. it’s only $8 (SCORE) but I think it’s absolutely adorable. I only hope it’s as soft as it looks
10. Bandanna Bibs: Sorry, again, not a big ticket item, but these are too cute! I hear babies go through bibs like crazy, and I love the look of these bandanna bibs to change up a look over the traditional bibs you get. These are organic and the bright prints are so happy!
11. Medela Breast Pump: Apparently best on the market, don’t-waste-your-time-with-anything-else breast pump. My health insurance covers this purchase so it’s at the bottom of my list only because I don’t actually have to pay for it. But I would have definitely spent the money on it if it wasn’t covered.
I’ll check back in when I actually get to use all this stuff and give a review of it all. Hopefully they all live up to their reputations.
*I’m not affiliated with any of these products or links – Opinions are my own and I just want them
Have you compiled your big ticket items? Am I missing anything?