Day 2 in Chicago


We tried again to get a table at Wildberry Pancakes and Cafe. We tried on our first day but it was an hour and half wait!  I didn’t know anything about this place, it’s right around the corner of our hotel and DH was the one who recommended it, and when we couldn’t get in the first time, I was like, OK fine, we can try again tomorrow. But this morning, I was infuriated that the wait was still an hour and half to have breakfast, and because we couldn’t get a table, I just  HAD to eat here. We eventually ended up at the Corner Bakery and were pleasantly surprised.

On our way to finding somewhere to eat, playing in this sculpture was the only thing that could get me out of my cranky mood! I had so much fun splashing around in the water

On our way to finding somewhere to eat, playing in this sculpture was the only thing that could get me out of my cranky mood! I had so much fun splashing around in the water

Today’s adventure took us out to the Science and Industry Museum and we took a local bus to get there even though I wanted to take the hop- on hop-off bus to utilize our three day pass. DH is more of an efficient fella, quickest way there vs money spent. Plus, I learnt he likes to use the public transport system of cities he visits to get a feel of local life, years of travelling with him and I still learn something new every day about him!


We’re huge museum buffs and this place was huge!!! 14 acres, they aren’t joking around here! We got through one wing and were exhausted, had to stop and have a break, eat before we could carry on. But after lunch we powered through and honestly, what a fun museum, YES! We were the only adults without kids playing on all the interactive exhibits, and YES! We were completely fine with that! If you get a chance to visit, please do so, especially if you have kids!


DH's favorite exhibit!!!

DH’s favorite exhibit!!!

chicago12 chicago8 chicago4

After the science museum, we made our way over to 360 Chicago, well we tried, well we were there, the bus sat there for 10 minutes but we were both in such a daze that we didn’t realize we were meant to get off until we had looped around back to the start of the tour! So we had to catch a cab, it was a total waste of time and money but a hilarious moment for us (it’s a very ‘Us’ thing to do). We wanted to see the sunset from up above and it seems that everyone else did too! We decided that we’d pass the 2 hour wait and go grab dinner somewhere.


We found Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ.  GO HERE! The food is delicious and wait staff are amazing! There is a long wait if you don’t have a reservation, so we put our names down and went to find a snack along the Magnificent Mile, which kind of felt like Waikiki and Las Vegas all at the same time. We grabbed a drink at the Grand Lux Café and I think we gate crashed a lovely couple having their dessert when we asked if we could share their table.  We thought it was just part of the bar! Finally it was time to seated for our dinner and it was delicious, Japanese BBQ, we were a little tired of the usual food fare and needed something different. We wanted to catch a show at Second City, but left it too late to book tickets, I will never understand why we leave things to the last minute that we actually miss out on them! This wasn’t a surprise to us, we do this a lot! We are getting better though!

DSC07515 chicago5


One thought on “Day 2 in Chicago

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s